Join us on sample date
Join us on sample date
Fundraising will close on Friday, April 2021Fundraising Tips
- People give to people they know. So don’t be afraid to ask your friends, relatives and colleagues. You’re raising money for a great cause – to help California Hospital continue its tradition of providing quality health care to all those who live, work or visit downtown.
- There are three ways in which you can raise money - to be the most effective in reaching your fundraising goal, you should try to use all of these methods:
- Individual Fundraising
- Team Fundraising
- Online Fundraising
- Be enthusiastic about your participation. Whether asking for a donation or for someone to join your team, your enthusiasm will be contagious and others will want to support you.
- Once fundraising begins, remember to say “Thank You”! You may choose to write personal notes, mail a letter, write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper or company newsletter, use e-mail or a poster in the company break-room to thank your donors for their support.
- Be sure to develop a fundraising plan with your team. Encourage them to:
- Start right away and set a goal
- Use a variety of fundraising activities to keep interest and to exceed your team goal
- Publicize their fundraising activities
- Encourage and applaud each other
- Fund-raise up until the event day
- Report their successes
- A Few More Easy Strategies for Success
- Engage Your Social Networks: Post or tweet your fundraising progress to your own followers and friends.
- Matching Gifts: Ask your company if it has a matching gift program. You could double the impact of your personal donation!
- Don't Forget to Write: Mail your fundraising appeal the old fashioned way! Make your mail stand out with some graphics or by using colored paper, and include a personal handwritten note.
- Recognize a Special Occasion: Do you have a birthday or anniversary coming up? Consider asking your friends to make a donation to your team in lieu of a gift.
- Set Goals: In addition to setting a team fundraising goal, each person should set personal fundraising goals as well.
- Start a Friendly Competition: Speak with everyone in your office and get them to challenge each other to raise the highest amount. Give the "winner" a prize. Maybe some movie passes?
- Easy Way to Raise $100: Ask 10 friends to donate $10 each. Put it into terms they relate to: that's only two drinks at Starbucks or one trip to the movies!
If you have additional questions, please contact our Maggie Trigueros, Manager of Special Events at 213-742-6301